Monday, May 13, 2019

Jackaby, by William Ritter

What fun! On the back cover of this book a reviewer writes that this is a mix of Sherlock Holmes and Doctor Who, and I couldn't think of a better way to describe this story! Part mystery, part horror story with humor and wit throughout. Jackaby is a strong and likeable male protagonist, as is Abigail Rook. This book has adventure, monsters, mystery...I enjoyed it all the way through! My gauge of how much I like book one in a series is whether I finish it and immediately want to read the next book - which I do! I can't wait to find out what Jackaby and Rook get into next...if you are a fan of mysteries, and I know many of you are, and you like your books smart, check this series out! 4 paws!

Image result for jackaby ritter

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...