Monday, May 6, 2019

Lincoln's Grave Robbers, by Steve Sheinkin

Sometimes you just have to go back to a favorite - book or author - to read something you KNOW is going to be good! One of my fave go-to's is Steve Sheinkin, and I was happy to come across this book a week ago, one I had not read yet. Sheinkin is my favorite non-fiction author, and this story is a true one about the plot to steal Abraham Lincoln's body from his casket and use it as leverage to get a money counterfeiter released from jail in the late 1860's. Yet another Sheinkin gem, and yet another story from our nation's history that was not in many of my history books! I will admit that this isn't the author's best book, but it is still a good one. If you want the best from this writer, go find Port Chicago 50 of Bomb, both OBOB books (Bomb is a past OBOB title, Port is next year's title) - I doubt you'll be disappointed!

Image result for lincoln's grave robbers

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Baseball, by Alan Gratz

     It's spring, readers, and baseball is in the air - my favorite sport of all time! I'm still waiting for a professional team to ...