Thursday, April 25, 2019

Thornhill, by Pam Smy

A fairly new book by an author I have not heard of before...wow, this book is dark! A young girl growing up in a boarding home in 1982 is bullied by the other girls, and severely bullied by one girl in particular. At the same time, in the present day, a girl has moved into the house next door to where the boarding school once operated, and she finds connections to the bullied girl, although she is no longer there...so, her ghost? The story develops along the way, and the book is told alternately with words and with drawings, both by author Smy. This is one of the darker stories I have ever read, reminding me of Holly Black, perhaps. I admit it disturbed me a little. 4 scared paws.

Image result for thornhill pam smy

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...