Thursday, July 30, 2026

The Magic of Someday Soon, by Michelle Lee

     The second kid's release by author Michelle Lee, The Magic of Someday Soon is the story of Teddy and Zoe, two girls who seem so very different from each other, but who become close friends when they both lie to get something they really want. The lies they tell are told with the best of intentions, and no one is hurt because of them. But both girls long for something that will bring their past forward into the present, and help them both feel more complete.

    Told in alternating points of view, you will quickly come to root for both Teddy and Zoe, and feel for them as they try to connect to their very unique families, living and not. Author Lee does a nice job of getting you right into the hearts and minds of both of these main characters, and you can't help but want their wishes to come true. 

    I have not yet read Lee's first book, but I enjoyed this one quite a bit. In the author's biography at the back of the book, I learned that Lee earned a PhD in literature and taught English in college for many years prior to writing this book. I will say that she seems to understand what makes a good story, but on occasion I felt like she was following some sort of script or pattern for storytelling. I can't put my paw on it exactly, but that is why I give this book a 4 paw rating, and not higher. I'd love for you to read it and tell me if you agree!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please keep your comments clean and dog-friendly! Thanks for reading!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Native Mascots, Myths, and Misrepresentations, by Cayla Bellanger Degroat

      I picked up this short non-fiction book at my local public library because the title caught my attention. This particular title is one...