Thursday, October 15, 2020

Greenglass House, by Kate Milford

 Yay, another OBOB book for this year, and a GOOD one, too! This is one of the books I've been most excited to read the last few months, because I keep hearing and reading such good things about it...I finally found a copy! Two barks and a wag!

Greenglass House is a mystery, in the vein of Agatha Christie. It reminded me a lot of Mysterious Benedict Society in that it is smartly written, complicated - but not so much that you need a map to figure out who's who or what's what. A couple of times along the way I winced a bit because it seemed Milford was spoon feeding me information, in a way that seemed slightly forced. But by the time I got to the last few chapters, I could not turn the pages fast enough! And to think that one of the main characters is...well, I better not give it away. 

There is a follow up book to this one that I have not read yet, but you will want to as soon as you finish the last page of Greenglass. A book that has won numerous awards, including the Edgar Award for Best Mystery! This is a lot of fun - cancel your afternoon plans! 5 paws!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Baseball, by Alan Gratz

     It's spring, readers, and baseball is in the air - my favorite sport of all time! I'm still waiting for a professional team to ...