Sunday, October 18, 2020

A Wolf Called Wander, by Roseanne Parry

 Portland author Parry is a friend of OBOB, having had a few books be part of that awesome program over the last few years. As such, I am always excited to see something new from her, and A Wolf Called Wander is a wonderful addition to her titles!

Wander is the fictionalized account of Oregon wolf OR-7, who was tracked across Oregon as he traveled over 1,000 miles before finally finding a mate and starting a wolf family not far from Springfield, in the Rogue River Valley, where he still lives today. Parry wrote his imagined story from his own point of view, which could have been too silly or trite, but in Parry's capable hands, it was beautifully done.

I could not put this book down, and when I had to I couldn't wait to pick it up again and continue! It is written in a very simple style, and will be easily accessible by all middle graders, as well as late elementary readers, I think. It is a beautiful story, beautifully told, and about an Oregon creature every Oregonian should learn about and know. Cheers for Wander! 5 paws!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Baseball, by Alan Gratz

     It's spring, readers, and baseball is in the air - my favorite sport of all time! I'm still waiting for a professional team to ...