Wednesday, April 29, 2020

The Boy at the Top of the Mountain, by John Boyne

From the author of The Boy in the Striped Pajamas comes this World War 2 book about a young boy, Pierrot, born to a French mother and German father, living in France after World War 1 and before WW2 begins. Due to changes in his family, he ends up living with his aunt, who is a housekeeper in a very nice home in Austria. The owner of the home is one of WW2's most influential participants, and Pierrot's life is changed forever in powerful ways. His name is changed, his history is changed, his world is changed...

I cannot remember another book that I finished in one day before reading this one. It is very well-written, a gripping story - I expect you will not be able to put this down, nor will you soon be able to forget Pierrot. If you are a 7th grader needing or wanting a Holocaust-related book, read this one...I bet you won't be sorry you did!  5 paws!

The Boy At The Top Of The Mountain - John Boyne

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...