Friday, August 2, 2019

The Teacher's Funeral: A Comedy in Three Parts, by Richard Peck

What fun!  This is one of the upcoming OBOB books for the middle division, and it's short, and I was in the mood for something different - this fit the bill perfectly! Author Richard Peck has been writing books since paper was invented (or so it seems), and I have read a few of them, but not in a long while. The ones I read were very good, and this was no exception! I am certain that I can describe the plot to you and most of you would never read it based on my explanation! What Peck does (did...he passed in 2018) as well as anyone is take a simple plot line and make a really fun story out of it! In fact, several times I laughed out loud - out loud! When have you ever heard a pug laugh out loud?! Yeah, probably never! The story is simple, well-written, funny, fun, and very quick to read...I recommend this one, and wished it was a little longer! 5 paws!

Image result for teacher's funeral richard peck

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...