Tuesday, February 14, 2023

Snapdragon, by Kat Leyh

 A graphic novel, current-season ORCA book, and past OBOB book! This is a good story from a current contributor to the Lumberjanes series, which is one of my favorite graphic novel series! Snapdragon is the story of a spirited young girl who lives with her hardworking single mom and also happens to befriend the local witch, Jacks. Through this unlikely friendship, Snap finds the magic within herself, and the kindness she possesses, in spite of her rough exterior, to see other people as they are and discover that not everyone is who or what they appear to be, or who other people think they are supposed to be. Confused? You won't be once you journey into Leyh's latest offering. A blend of realistic fiction, fantasy, and an interesting meeting up of both genres. I found myself a little sad when the story was over, as I was missing Snap and her life. I think you'll like this book, too! 4 paws!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...