Wednesday, February 12, 2020

Stargazing, by Jen Wang

The latest graphic novel by the author of The Prince and the Dressmaker, and the illustrator of American Born Chinese - what a great team to put together! Stargazing is a well-done book with a plot twist that I did not see coming! I thought the artwork really added to the story, covering several topics that you would expect from a young teen book; friendship, cliques, being different, feeling different, honesty...this is a good book, but after having just read New Kid, I have to say it isn't excellent. Well worth your time, and I like that lately there is a growth in diverse characters in books, and this book is no exception. A quick read, a good story, not quite as strong as Be Prepared, Illegal, or New Kid, but close - if you like graphic novels, you'll like this! 3.5 paws

Image result for stargazing wang

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...