Monday, December 2, 2019

Raymie Nightingale, Louisiana's Way Home, and Beverly, Right Here, by Kate DiCamillo



This series is not necessarily a trilogy, although they are three books that fit together, in order listed above. The newest release, Beverly, came into the library, and reminded me that I had always meant to read Raymie, so I requested that my human bring both home. After finishing them in a short period of time, my human went and bought the middle book, Louisiana, which I finished as quickly.  DiCamilo is the author of some classics, such as Because of Winn-Dixie and The Tale of Despereaux. She is one of only a few writers who have ever won more than one Newbery Award.  In other words, she is really good at what she does!

These three books are no exception. Imagine something you REALLY like...food, art, a sport, music...and then imagine some "good" examples of whatever you imagined...for example, being a pug, I like to eat. The kibble I get for breakfast and dinner is good.

Now imagine something that is really good. The treats I get for being extra cute are really good.

Now think of something that makes your mouth sing! When my human gives me a piece of swiss cheese out of the fridge, it is EXCELLENT!!!  My curly tail wags and I spin in circles until I wan to fall down!

These three books are cheese out of the fridge! Sometimes I think about putting my own dog thoughts on paper, and as I read these quick stories, I only hope that I can write as good as this someday. Realistic fiction, and I don't know if I've read anything more real. Read these...all three of them. Your life will be changed. 5 paws (and a piece of cheese)!

Image result for raymie nightingale bookImage result for louisiana's way homeImage result for beverly right here book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Baseball, by Alan Gratz

     It's spring, readers, and baseball is in the air - my favorite sport of all time! I'm still waiting for a professional team to ...