Saturday, February 23, 2019

The War That Saved My Life, by Kimberly Brubaker Bradley

Yay! What a great story! It's been a while since I've read a book like this one, one with a sequel that I would have started after I read the last sentence if I had finished it in the library and not at home on the weekend. This story takes place at the start of World War 2 in England, so it's historical fiction and realistic fiction both, and very, very good! In fact I put it up there with some of my all-time faves, like Walk Two Moons and Princess Academy, as far as really good, well-told stories. You can't help but root for Ada and her brother, and hope her evil mother just goes away and never comes back! Give this books a try - you will not regret it! I can't wait to read the second book, The War I Finally Won. I don't even want to write anymore about it, I just want to start the next book...wonderful!
5 paws!

Image result for the war that saved my lifeImage result for the war i finally won

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...