Monday, December 31, 2018

The House in Poplar Wood, by K. E. Ormsbee

A very fun read by an author I have not read before, nor heard of (although she has a 3-book series that begins with The Water and the Wild)! This book reminded me of Scythe (Shusterman), Famous Last Words (Alender), and The Graveyard Book (Gaiman)...all good books, all with some level of scariness to it, all well-written and clever. In fact, this one goes into my top 5 books of 2018! Great fantasy story involving the characters Death, Memory, and Passion, as well as spells (Rites), murder (or was it an accident?), mystery, and more! Treat yourself to something that is not predictable and cleverly written - this book is a treat! 5 paws (and a tail wag)!

Image result for the house in poplar wood

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...