Monday, October 22, 2018

Patina, by Jason Reynolds

As I try to get things organized in this new school, new town, and new kennel, my posts are still a little behind...sorry about that! I finished Patina, by Jason Reynolds, a few weeks ago, and enjoyed it! This is book 2 to Ghost, which is now a 4-book series. I'll admit, Ghost is one of my favorite books of the year so far, and Patina was good, too, but not as good. Maybe because I know the author's style already, or...not sure. Again, I would still recommend it, especially if you liked Ghost, but I think I'd only give it 4 paws, not 5. This series is a realistic fiction series about a group of kids in a tough part of town who end up on the same after school track team. It's gritty and real, and Reynolds tells a great story every time!If you have not read any of his writing yet, you are missing out!

Image result for patina reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...