Monday, October 22, 2018

Patina, by Jason Reynolds

As I try to get things organized in this new school, new town, and new kennel, my posts are still a little behind...sorry about that! I finished Patina, by Jason Reynolds, a few weeks ago, and enjoyed it! This is book 2 to Ghost, which is now a 4-book series. I'll admit, Ghost is one of my favorite books of the year so far, and Patina was good, too, but not as good. Maybe because I know the author's style already, or...not sure. Again, I would still recommend it, especially if you liked Ghost, but I think I'd only give it 4 paws, not 5. This series is a realistic fiction series about a group of kids in a tough part of town who end up on the same after school track team. It's gritty and real, and Reynolds tells a great story every time!If you have not read any of his writing yet, you are missing out!

Image result for patina reynolds

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hello! Please keep your comments clean and dog-friendly! Thanks for reading!

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.

Felix Powell, Boy Squirrel, by Erin Entrada Kelly

      Author Erin Entrada Kelly is one of my favorite writers for upper elementary and middle school fiction, and her books always rely on ...