Very cute picture book alert! The Very Cranky Bear is one in The Very Bear series by author and illustrator Nick Bland, but the first I have laid my paws on. If the front cover doesn't make you smile and remind you of someone you know or have seen in your life, no picture will! The artwork is wonderful, and along with the rhythmic story this book made me want to go right back to the beginning and read it again. In fact, I asked my human to get another book from the series just to see if Bland has a one-hit wonder here, or if I'm just behind in my "very cute picture book" reading! I'm predicting the latter - that I'm just behind - but I look forward to catching up! 5 paws!
All things reading by a seasoned school librarian, a very smart four-legged fur baby, and hundreds of awesome students!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
Nat Again, by Maria Scrivan
Another book in a series that I had not heard of before, but quite cool and fun to read! Nat is a very normal girl, living a very norm...
-
The full title of this book is The Perfect Horse: The Daring Rescue of Horses Kidnapped During World War II . It tells the story of how, d...
-
From the author of Everything Sad is Untrue , this second book by Daniel Nayeri is a blend of folktale, picture book, and fable - with...
-
From one of the very few authors that has won the coveted Newbery Award twice (when even winning once is remarkable), comes this rea...
No comments:
Post a Comment
Hello! Please keep your comments clean and dog-friendly! Thanks for reading!
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.