Monday, December 20, 2021

Steelheart, by Brandon Sanderson

     I must apologize - I finished this book a couple of weeks ago but thought I had blogged about it already...see? Even pugs need a vacation once in a while! This is the first book in a series by fantasy and sic fi writer Sanderson, also known for his Alcatraz versus the Evil Librarians series (are there such things as evil librarians...?). I believe there are now 4 books in this Reckoners series, although book 4 may not have been released yet. It seems there is also a movie of Steelheart, although that may not be out yet, either, and I can say with almost certainty that the book is going to be better...isn't it always?

    This was a pretty exciting read, even for a pug like me who doesn't go looking for sci fi and fantasy books on my own. A lot of action, adventure...even humor woven throughout.  Along the lines of Alex Rider or even Percy Jackson only slightly older. Maybe more like Maze Runner. Anyway, again - action, adventure...a page-turner, for sure! Throughout the book I found myself, when I wasn't able to be reading, wondering when I could read more to find out what happened next!

    This is also an OBOB book for this season, and one of the better ones, I think. I will say that for this genre, I liked Arlo Finch in the Valley of Fire a bit better, but Steelheart will not disappoint you, especially of the genres and books mentioned above are anywhere at all in your wheelhouse. 4 paws!



No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...