Sunday, March 7, 2021

No Fixed Address, by Susin Nielsen

 The last of my OBOB books to read for this season, and a pretty darn good one at that! This is Nielsen's 6th book, I believe, and although this is the first one I have read so far, it was good enough to make me want to read some others. That is one sign of a good book, right?! 

No Fixed Address is the story of Felix and his mom, Astrid, trying to live their lives as best they can while living out of their Westfalia van. The further into the story I read, the better the story got. By the end, I could hardly wait to finish my kibble so that I could continue with the story! A realistic look at homelessness, and Nielsen does a good job of telling that story from a teen's point of view, as well as getting into character's heads really well. The dialogue, although occasionally uncomfortable, was very real. I liked that about this book, and the reason I would read more of her writing. The only reason I didn't give this a full 5 paws is because I have the feeling she can do better than this, or perhaps already has. I can't wait to find out! 4 paws and wag!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Baseball, by Alan Gratz

     It's spring, readers, and baseball is in the air - my favorite sport of all time! I'm still waiting for a professional team to ...