Friday, September 11, 2020

Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales, written and illustrated by Nathan Hale

 I've been wanting to read one or more of the books in this graphic novel series for some time, and finally got two of them in my paws. Wow, I'm so glad I did! They are funny, informative, fast-moving, and simply well-done! I read Treaties, Trenches, Mud and Blood about World War1, and Major Impossible, about John Wesley Powell, a 19th century explorer and Civil War soldier. 

Both books will teach you a lot about their subject but not in so much depth that it gets boring - at least I didn't think so. You are given enough information to understand the period and people in a better way but not so much info that it feels like you are reading a textbook. The graphic novel format helps with that, and the humor worked throughout the stories help as well! I found the humor funny, almost silly at times, but never too immature or predictable. This series, of which there are 10 books on all, is excellent, and it teaches about some important times and people in our country's history. I recommend these to fans of graphic novels and fans of non-fiction and historical fiction. Well done! 5 paws



   Treaties, Trenches, Mud, and Blood (A World War I Tale) (Nathan Hale's  Hazardous Tales Book 4) - Kindle edition by Hale, Nathan. Children Kindle  eBooks @ Amazon.com.               Major Impossible (Nathan Hale's Hazardous Tales #9): A Grand Canyon Tale -  Kindle edition by Hale, Nathan. Children Kindle eBooks @ Amazon.com.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...