Friday, May 22, 2020

Monstrous Devices, by Damien Love

The first book (of two in this series so far) by Damien Love, and if I told you what it was about you would probably never consider reading it. But you should, especially if you like mysteries matched with action, blended with a hint of blood and bones, followed by hints of soul-stealing - kind of a April Henry meets R.L. Stine...kind of! Due to my humans moving from one house to another during my reading of this particular book, it took me much longer than usual, and there was a gap of about one week where I didn't have any time to read at all. This was just before the middle of the story. I mention that because I may have liked the book a little more if I hadn't broken the flow of the story...or perhaps that didn't matter. I will say I don't know if I've read any other book quite like this one, in mostly good ways. The subtitle of the book, below it on the front cover, reads, "Beware of things that go click in the night."  Referring to the robots that populate the story. The same ones that try to kill some people, and protect others...see? Would you have read the book if I had led with robots? 4 paws!

Amazon.com: Monstrous Devices (9780451478580): Love, Damien: Books

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...