Friday, March 20, 2020

Swing, by Kwame Alexander with Mary Rand Hess

Alexander is one of my favorite authors, yet I have only read one of his books - The Crossover (but I've read it several times, one of the very few books I have read more than once). Swing happened to be on the shelf last week so I asked my human (your librarian) to being it home. I don't remember a book that has made me snort (laugh) out loud - literally - on more than once occasion while reading it. At the same time, it broke my heart - twice - along the way. This book is such a joy to read...cool, funny, clever, romantic, real, and sad...I highly recommend this, and vow not to wait so long to read another Alexander book! 5 paws!

Image result for swing kwame alexander

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...