Sunday, January 26, 2020

Tristan Strong Punches a Hole in the Sky, by Kwame Mbalia

Wow, what a fun ride THIS book is! One of the new books being printed by Rick Riordan's imprint company, Tristan Strong is a action-packed adventure thrill-ride through African and African-American folklore, legend and mythology, very similar to the Lightning Thief series that Riordan is responsible for writing, among others, and which most of you know very well. If you are a fan of any of Riordan's books, you must read this one! You will love it, I promise!

I admit, about 1/4 of the way into the book I wasn't sure I would finish it. I had seen many great reviews for this release, and even went back and read a few when I was tempted to set it aside.  The reviews encouraged me to keep reading, to give it a chance. I am so glad I did! Soon after these uncertain moments of mine the story took off and never stopped - right up until the end. Will this be a movie? Probably! Will there be a sequel? Likely! Will you love love love it? Yes! The only thing keeping me from giving it 5 paws is the hesitation I had at the start...so a strong 4 paws - read this! You need it, and you'll be glad you did!

Image result for tristan strong book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Baseball, by Alan Gratz

     It's spring, readers, and baseball is in the air - my favorite sport of all time! I'm still waiting for a professional team to ...