Tuesday, December 17, 2019

Operatic, by Kyo Maclear and Byron Eggenschwiler

A new graphic novel from two Canadians, getting rave reviews, and rightly so! I don't read a lot of graphic novels, but I have never read one where I finished and immediately wanted to go back and read it again. This is quirky, extremely well illustrated, and captures several aspects of middle school life so well that it's almost scary...but really amazing! I can't get this book out of my brain, and in fact I am going to read it again...as soon as I post this!

This story is a little jumpy, in that it will be taking you down one character's line of thoughts and the next page jumps to something completely different. But then you realize that it is reading just like a teenager is thinking, and then you can't stop turning pages! This book is about music, friends, the awkwardness of being a teen, romance, more music, fitting in, not fitting in...read this! And then read it again...you'll love it! 5 paws!

Image result for operatic book

No comments:

Post a Comment

Fantasy Baseball, by Alan Gratz

     It's spring, readers, and baseball is in the air - my favorite sport of all time! I'm still waiting for a professional team to ...