Tuesday, November 5, 2019

The List, by Patricia Forde

Back to a good OBOB book, and The List does not disappoint! This is author Forde's first book for young people (and pugs, I presume), and I mostly loved it! Mosty, I add, because the very end of the story left me a little disappointed - not in the storyline itself, but just that the book seemed to fizzle out at the end, like a dud firework in the middle of a really good firework display!

This story takes place in a futuristic society where words are being eliminated from human language to help people live more peacefully together, and to make society easier to control.  As an avid pug reader, I love anything that builds a story around words, or books, or stories....like The Reader by Traci Chee or Inkheart by Cornelia Funke!  At the same time the futuristic aspects of this book reminded me a lot of The Giver by Lois Lowry...not bad company at all, right?

Anyway, I loved this story, the fizzling ending notwithstanding, and I think you might, too! Forde gives you a lot to think about, and the strong girl protagonist rocks! 4 paws!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...