Saturday, April 6, 2019

The Library Book, by Susan Orlean

About twice every school year I have to read a book meant for adults. Not sure why, just need something different. This spring break I read The Library Book, and what a treat! One of the reviews calls this book a love letter to libraries, and I couldn't agree more! Using the devastating fire in 1986 of the Los Angeles Public Library as the background to explore not only the fire, but libraries around the world, I loved this book! Not sure if any of my owner's middle schoolers would enjoy it as much, but if libraries just seem like one of the greatest things since peanut butter in a kong, than try this one! The BMS library doesn't carry it, but the public libraries do! Enjoy! Blink blink! 5 paws!

Image result for the library book orleans

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...