Friday, January 18, 2019

The Last Apprentice: Revenge of the Witch, by Joseph Delaney

Cool! Cool! Cool! And scary, and fun, and spooky, and yucky...and fun! I don't know why I have never read this book/series before - this first one in the series came out in 2005. But now that it is an OBOB book I gave it a try, and I'm very glad I did! Now when anyone asks me for a scary book recommendation, this one will be top of my list of suggestions! Tom Ward is the seventh son of a seventh son, and thus in line to become a Spook - one who defends the county against witches, ghasts and ghosts, among other beings. In this book he is apprenticing to become the next Spook of his county, and along the way he makes mistakes, of course, ones that include dead rats, dead witches, live witches, screaming, blood, fear, shadows...do you really need more examples of scary fun?! 5 paws for this read - if you think you can make it through to the end of the book, go ahead...check it out!

Image result for revenge of the witch delaney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...