Tuesday, November 20, 2018

Restart, by Gordon Korman

Another OBOB title for this season, and another by Korman, one of the most consistently good writers of the last 20 years! Much of his work is funny, but all of it is good, so you can never go wrong with one of his titles! That said, while reading Restart I kept thinking that I liked the story, but didn't love it, yet I couldn't wait to find out what comes next! I finished this book in a weekend, which is much faster than I get through most books...so, if I get out of my own way I think I would realize that I really liked this book a lot! I will add that the last chapter was way too much like a made-for-tv movie, and not in a good way...but otherwise, a good realistic fiction story of bullying and second choices - something we all would like to have now and then, right? 5 paws!

Image result for gordon korman restart

No comments:

Post a Comment

Two Roads, by Joseph Bruchac

     It's been a minute since I've read a Joseph Bruchac book - actually, several minutes - but I am glad to have come back! He is ...